DAY 1 THU 9 FEB 2012. BA FLIGHT HEATHROW TO DELHI.


The taxi arrived at some ungodly hour, Paul and Rachael arrived soon after and then we were off down the A10 to Heathrow. An uneventful journey followed along what would be the most civilised roads we were to see for the next 17 days.

We had a bit of time to kill at the airport and I soon realised that not only did I have no credit in my brand new smart phone but that I also did not even know how to turn it on! It was a good job that Rach knew what to do.....though little did we know that UK SIM cards don’t work in Assam. We easily killed a few hours in the swish new BA terminal and boarded the plane at 2.50pm.
 
I managed a few hours sleep on the plane (thanks to the two bottles of wine with the meal) and we landed in Delhi in the dark at 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment